Stuff I'm Thinking of Doing
- This system for overall crafting, to potentially replace the blacksmithing as well as other stuff (sorry I'm bouncing the blacksmithing around so much)
- Idle Talents – things that would augment what you can do/recover over short and long rests
- as a corollary, I'm thinking of using the Gritty Realism rest variant mentioned by the Idle Talents – i.e., 8 hour short rest and 1 week long rest.
- Narrative Action: Describe your action. If you don't, it fails. "I attack" is not a description; "I hit him with my sword" is barely one; "I give him a quick kick in the ribs to lower his guard and then perform a double-handed overhand strike" is perfectly fine.
- Strength AC: A character can use their Strength modifier instead of their Dexterity modifier to calculate their armor class. Barbarians, when using this feature, can only add their Strength modifier to their armor class with an upper limit of their extra Rage Damage, regardless if he or she is raging or not.
- Wise Initiative: When rolling for initiative, you may use your Wisdom modifier instead of your Dexterity Modifier.
- Gruesome Injuries