Ranger Conclave - Hunter Conclave
Some rangers seek to master weapons to better protect civilization from the terrors of the wilderness. Members of the Hunter Conclave learn specialized fighting techniques for use against the most dire threats, from rampaging ogres and hordes of orcs to towering giants and terrifying dragons.
At 3rd level, you gain one on the following features of your choice:
- Colossus Slayer. Your tenacity can wear down the most potent foes. When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, the creature takes an extra 1d8 damage if it's at or below half its maximum hit points. You can deal this damage only once per turn.
- Giant Killer. When a Large or larger creature within 5 feet of you hits or misses you with an attack, you can use your reaction to attack that creature immediately after its attack, provided you can see the creature.
- Horde Breaker. Once on each of your turns when you make a weapon attack, you can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that is within 5 feet of the original target and within range of your weapon.
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
At 7th level, you gain one of the following features of your choice.
- Escape the Horde. Opportunity attacks against you are made with disadvantage.
- Multiattack Defense. When a creature hits you with an attack, you gain a +4 bonus to AC against all subsequent attacks made by that creature for the rest of the turn.
- Steel Will. You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
At 11th level, you gain one of the following features of your choice:
- Volley. You can use your action to make a ranged weapon attack against any number of creatures within 10 feet of a point you can see within your weapon's range. You must have ammunition for each target, as normal, and you make a separate attack roll for each target.
- Whirlwind Attack. You can use your action to make a melee weapon attack against any number of creatures within 5 feet of you, with a separate attack roll for each target.
Superior Hunter's Defense
At 15th level, you gain one of the following features of your choice.
- Evasion. You can nimbly dodge out of the way of certain area effects, such as a red dragon's fiery breath or a lightning bolt spell. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
- Stand Against the Tide. When a hostile creature misses you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to force that creature to repeat the same attack against another creature (other than itself) of your choice.
- Uncanny Dodge. When an attack that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against use.